Father’s Day is right around the corner. Make your dad’s day extra special with one of these gift ideas! Finding something right for dad on his special day can be challenging but remember it’s not the amount you spend that matters but the effort you put in.
- Does your dad love family movie night? Put together a gift basket with a new DVD or a Netflix to TV hookup, popcorn, and his favorite candy. Plan a night for the family to watch a movie together and enjoy the treats.
- One of the best gifts for dad is a coupon for your time. Show dad you care and give him a coupon for an hour of yard work, help around the house, a day of doing only what he wants, or my dad’s personal favorite, an hour of no complaining!
- Another good idea is to find an old family photo or print out a current one and find a nice frame. This can be a perfect decoration for your dad’s bedroom or office.
- Is your dad an avid BBQer? Get him ready for grilling season with a new apron and grill tools. Your dad will be set for the summer and ready to show off his barbecuing skills!
- Does your dad love music? Get him tickets to a concert happening this summer. There are tons of fun outdoor concerts of varying prices going on throughout the area this summer. Check out the CPL summer events page for some suggestions!
You could also get your dad a board game for game night or a coffee grinder with new coffee beans to try. Though a necktie can be a little generic, a bow-tie wrapped around your gift as an extra little something is a nice decoration as well as being useful.
Whatever you get your dad, remember, what you get doesn’t matter as much as him enjoying his day. Often the best gift can be a Father’s Day spent with the family doing what he wants to do!
Photo Credit: Fatherhood via photopin (license)